As I sit here on a quiet morning after Thanksgiving, I finally have a chance to look back and reflect on what I’m thankful for. I know, you think I would have or should have done this yesterday on Thanksgiving, but it was a busy day and by the end of it, I was tired and didn’t feel like thinking about it. Actually, doing it a day after Thanksgiving is pretty good for me because normally I neglect to think about it at all. I’m one of those that most of the time just takes for granted how blessed I am. But, not this time.
- For my God and Saviour, Jesus Christ, and the salvation that I have by His gift of grace that He made possible by His blood that was shed on the cross.
- For my wonderful wife of 21 great years and the fantastic mother that she is. Everyday is a great day because of her. She is such a special and wonderful gift from God.
- For the blessing of 4 great kids who are all special in their own unique way. They are a joy and make life a great adventure.
- For family in general. For the time we’re able to spend together, thinking back on old times and catching up on what’s currently going on in each other’s lives.
- For friends. I’m blessed with a group of great friends who are supportive and always there.
- For a great church and church family. A church that is commited to teaching the Gospel of Christ and reaching the lost for Christ. Also, a church family that lives out their Christianity by taking time to serve others on Thanksgiving day at another local church. It was a blessing to serve others on Thanksgiving day, but double the blessing to be able to do it alongside other members of my own church. It made yesterday even more special.
- For the privilege of living in America and the freedoms that we have in this great country. May God continue to bless this country. For those that serve and protect our great country day in and day out (Our fantastic men and women in our military).
- For a good job that God has blessed me with. I thank God for the privilege it is to work and the skills that He’s given me. I pray that I do it as if unto Him.
- For the necessities in life that God provides each day; shelter, food, water, clothing and the additional blessings that He has given.
- For God’s wonderful creation that we are able to enjoy and have been given the privilege to use and take care of.
Especially this Thanksgiving, take time to think about what you’re thankful for. Don’t be like I normally am and just neglect to think about them.
Many blessings to you this Thanksgiving.